We awarded the mattressÂ,  out of 10 points, for performing well in this category. Â, Saves the changes made in the ordering process, Enables you to share a page on social networking sites, Shows you adverts based on your interests. The mattress is exactly as it is advertised - comfortable and durable. Regardless of whether you sleep on your back, side or … By providing counter support this layer also ensures the back is perfectly supported. This firm foam also ensures motion isolation, which means if you sleep next to a partner, you will not feel them moving on the mattress. Our test showed that the Emma mattress’s measurement only deviated minimally from the optimum result. Share. IE. What bed base can you put the Emma mattress on?Â. This makes the Emma Mattress the best tested mattress in our technical tests. The Emma Original is the second iteration of the popular Emma mattress we've previously tested. The mattress cover can be easily removed and washed in a regular washing machine and at 60°, which is very handy. For this we evaluate the weight of the mattress and how easy it is to transport. All-in-all, the Emma mattress was one of the very best mattresses we tried. Even after simulating years of use using our state-of-the-art rolling machine, there were no discernible differences in the composition of the mattress. Emma is proud to be one of Europe’s highest rated mattresses. The ordering service was quick & simple, & Emma provided regular updates on dispatch & delivery details. So, if you don’t like the mattress, you can simply return it. The Emma mattress also comes with a 10-year guarantee,  in addition to free delivery and returns. Emma Mattress Review. The cover is also washable, so it’s easy to keep clean. Another thing we liked was that it wasn’t too heavy, so moving or transporting the mattress was not particularly difficult. Top layer: Emma’s own Airgocell® foam is responsible for absorbing any excess moisture throughout the night. This foam layer is also open pored to ensure air flows through the mattress smoothly and keeps the temperature consistent. IE. For Ireland's largest range of Mattresses, from leading brands with a variety of filling and support options in all sizes, shop online with Harvey Norman today. And we have the numbers to prove it: Less than 4 years + 500,000 happy sleepers = 29 European Consumer Testing Awards "The bed-in-a-box foam Emma mattress was rated best mattress by … Their efforts seem to have paid off: the Emma Original is the most-awarded mattress in the UK, having received numerous awards and endorsements from reputable agencies such as Which?, Good Housekeeping, The Independent, and Expert Reviews. So, when you make the investment, you want to know that it will last a long time. Emma Original mattress review: Verdict. Forbes, 2018 Emma Mattress Review. After extensive testing we can confirm that the Emma Original mattress is just as good as all the reviews say. But why exactly do we think the Emma mattress is so  good? Read below to find out why the Emma Original received the top score on Top5 best mattresses: The comfort of the mattress will be one of the most important things to consider when buying a new mattress. Reply. We were thoroughly impressed with it. This Emma mattress review is done on Emma’s signature mattress.  This means that the mattress compressed in one area without affecting the rest, while still providing a good amount of support. The Emma original mattress is our favourite of the new-generation bed-in-a-boxes, the options of which seem to be growing by the day. Check out what 2,523 people have written so far, and share your own experience. That’s because Emma is literally a cooling memory foam mattress in a box that keeps out the heat with its breathable Airgocell® foam. Emma mattress got to get one I bought the Emma mattress because I’d tried different other ones with springs and toppers always waking up with stiff limbs and neck and back since sleeping on Emma my aches and pains have gone I get a much better sleep now I’d recommend the Emma mattress … The Emma Original is … Does the Emma mattress offer a sleep trial? We tried it on a number of different surfaces, such as the floor, a bed base with a slatted frame and also a regular divan. The Emma Original grabbed our attention as word got around this could be the best mattress.. DIBMaT operates a state-of-the-art testing facility for mattresses in Frankfurt, Germany. We select test people based on their height, weight and body composition and also preferred sleeping position. That allows us to determine whether a mattress is good for a whole range of different people. A trip to the industry’s ‘golden triangle’ on the Meath-Cavan border is in order This means that it should feel as good as new, even if you’ve had it for 8 or 10 years. The discount code also makes it a very reasonable price. Don't miss our deep reviews first of course! As the Emma Original achieved some of the best result in our test, we awarded, After washing it according to the washing instructions the Emma Original mattress cover didn’t show any shrinkage. So, yes, while the Emma mattress does smell, it also evaporates very quickly. And compared to other mattresses we tested, the smell wasn’t quite as strong. Cookies ensure the correct functionality of a website. Following the success of the Emma Original mattress, which was the UK’s most-awarded-mattress, Emma’s design team have now created a mattress that they say is designed for everyone and at a very competitive price point. That’s mainly due to slatted bed frames offering additional support. When I bought, there was only one size of pillow available and it was advertised as being 50cmx75cm. Excellent in every way.Easy to get into and sooo hard to get out of. We've rated Emma as our best mattress 2020, but you'll find plenty more choice and information on how to choose your mattress in our guide to the top picks this year. This distributes the pressure equally to contour your body. In this category we look at what temperature the mattress cover can be washed at and also whether the cover shrinks after washing. The ordering service was quick & simple, & Emma provided regular updates on dispatch & delivery details. The mattress is assembled in Derby, and so far appears to have one mattress under its belt and no brick and mortar showrooms. In addition to being approved and awarded ‘Best buy’, Emma Mattress also has excellent customer service. Although the differences were small, we felt that we received the most body support when we placed the mattress on a slatted frame. Pillow. IE. Love the Emma mattress.. its helped both myself and my partner with our backs. This is a genuine review. Much like other memory foam mattresses, the Emma mattress does have a slight smell. The company acknowledges this and recommends airing the mattress out in a well-ventilated room. Would highly recommend. Ikea sells a wide range of mattresses, from budget foam options like the £165 Ikea Morgedal, up to more premium options, such as the Hidrasund. Same as some of its competitors mentioned on this “best mattress Ireland” list, Tempur is a pretty well-known name outside of the UK and Ireland. The Emma Original is an incredibly versatile bed-in-a-box mattress. dont buy this mattress bought emma king size mattress 10 months ago ,returned and promptly replaced by emma as had massive ridges in it ,now after 4 weeks the replacement mattress is even worse. Read 1 more review about Emma Mattress Ireland Only the latest review will count in the company's TrustScore Jennifer Thompson 4 reviews. For this review, I’ll be digging into the signature all-foam mattress from UK bedding brand Emma. Excellent product. How much better it would have been if Emma had offered a range of European mattress sizes - or even made add on bolsters ! Do you agree with Emma Mattress Ireland’s star rating? The Emma Mattress is made up of three foam layers and a removable top and bottom cover. Each layer is made from high-quality foams and has a range of different benefits: Top cover: Made from humidity-regulating fibres that also wick moisture away. Please select if this website can use functional and/or marketing cookies, as detailed below: These cookies are required to ensure the proper functionality of the website and allows us to analyse your use of it. All in all, the Emma performed very well in all of the tests we performed, receiving a total score of 9.6. | Read 2,381-2,400 Reviews out of 2,523. We had multiple people on our team test out the mattress and their verdict was unanimous: they all agreed the Emma mattress was super comfortable. The Emma Original is the second iteration of the popular Emma mattress we've previously tested. Best Buy Mattress The Emma Original is our award winning mattress made in Ireland. Useful. However, once we received the mattress, we found it very easy to set up, especially thanks to the handy welcome package enclosed. Too hard. Established since 2015, Emma is a UK based company who work with leading manufacturers to produce the Emma Mattress, and Pillow too. Unfortunately, the mattress was too soft for me (though my partner loved it! What a lovely customer experience What a lovely customer experience. The Emma Mattress first hit the Irish market in 2019.Since then, the brand has grown immensely and is now o ne of the most-sold mattresses in Ireland & Europe-wide. i cant help thinking they have sent me a used mattress as it just does not feel like a new mattress.please do not buy from this company. I just put it in the washing machine at 60 degrees and I know it will come out clean. Customer. Bottom layer: The last layer, consisting of supportive HRX foam, keeps the spine aligned throughout the night. The Emma Original mattress passed our mattress test with flying colours. How can this be? Emma is proud to be one of Europe’s highest rated mattresses. Since it is made out of foam, it cannot get wet. We achieved this by combining 4 special layers to keep your dreams as sweet as possible. It obviously took me a while to get used to it especially coming from using my previous poor quality mattress. After a short while we couldn’t make out the smell anymore. This visco-elastic memory foam layer purpose is to provide relief especially for those with back problems. The Emma Mattress Review – Our Verdict All-in-all this is a great mattress to consider if you have been searching for a high-quality foam mattress. It also reached its full height very quickly, which meant we were able to sleep on it almost immediately. ... Ireland; Italia; So, if any stains or spills occur it is best to remove them with a damp cloth and a bit of soapy water. It is so easy to put up, you just open the bag, put it on your bed base (or wherever it is going to live) and leave it to expand. With two different layers of foam and an additional layer to maximize support of your body’s natural shape , this mattress … Other mattresses we tested did not have handles, which made placing the mattress on the bed base quite tricky. The Emma mattress needs to be placed with the white side of the cover facing up, as otherwise you will not get the full supportive and pressure-relieving effects. Emma invested a great deal in developing a memory foam mattress that optimally supports and relaxes your body at the same time. Excellent mattress, back trouble gone over night. And we have the numbers to prove it: Less than 4 years + 500,000 happy sleepers = 29 European Consumer Testing Awards "The bed-in-a-box foam Emma mattress was rated best mattress by consumer organizations in six countries." If you sink in too deeply or not enough, you will not get the right amount of support. Have had back and neck problems for years, they are substantially improved with a good night's sleep. Good price. The Emma mattress has a cover that is removable and can be washed at 60°C. As someone with back pain, I … Order number 600666594 Placed an order 20th August, the 26th Aug asked about my mattress, been told that a fire in Manchester caused some problems so that cannot guarantee a day for the deliver despite the fact I told that need the mattress until the 03rd September, but once again been told we cannot guarantee the deliver day. Featuring a combination of different foams (as well as some special Zoned Support channels), the bed has been designed to bring British dreamers an all-encompassing sleeping experience that’s as pressure-relieving as it is supportive. Read the full Emma Original review to find out. See our Awards. Delivers what it promises. The Emma Original is one of the most popular mattresses on the market today. We found the Emma Original mattress very easy to get on with. The handles make moving the mattress very easy and we were happy the cover had them. Layer 1: Similar to the Emma Original, the Emma Hybrid's cover layer is made of a cooling synthetic blend fabric. Combining pressure-relieving, supportive and eco-friendly breathable foams, this award-winning mattress with its 7 zones of support is everything you need to get the best night’s sleep. The Emma Pillow is fully … Excellent mattress Excellent mattress, delivered within the expected timeframe. They are popular for their mattresses made of high-quality foams, which is one of the reasons behind being the best-selling mattress in Ireland. Our test people agreed that the Emma mattress was very comfortable; particularly back and side sleepers found the mattress to not be too hard and they agreed it wasn’t too soft either. The Emma Mattress first hit the Irish market in 2019. Have send several emails, replies are slow or non-existent. They are popular for their mattresses made of high-quality foams, which is one of the reasons behind being the best-selling mattress in Ireland. Single Mattress UK – The single Emma mattress measures 90 x 190 cm and costs   €429, Small Double Mattress UK – The small double Emma mattress measures 120 x 190 cm and costs €599, Double Mattress UK – The double Emma mattress measures 135 x 190 cm and costs €649, King Size Mattress UK – The king Emma mattress measures 150 x 200 cm and costs €699, Super King Size Mattress UK – The super king Emma mattress measures 180 x 200 cm and costs €799. The cutter made removing the foil very easy. Emma Mattress We bought an Emma mattress after looking at lots of different companies. Emma claims to have made improvements to this one, but we recommend reading our full Emma mattress review before you buy, because we've found that new versions of some mattresses can be worse than the original. No issues with scent/ smell like others mentioned, if you are looking to replace your old mattress I would definitely recommend the Emma! After our test the mattress had barely been affected: This means that even after years of use, it will still feel like new. Share. We put it to the test to find out just how good it is. Very comfortable. I did it in the morning and it was ready to sleep on that night.It is very comfortable, i would say it is medium to firm softness. The Emma Hybrid is made here in the UK and follows all safety and health regulations. After having extensively tested the mattress, using different people, who each have different body types and sleeping preferences, they all agreed that the mattress could be classified as medium firm. They were no signs that the structure of the mattress suffered or the foam deteriorated. The Emma mattress can be placed on any surface, as long as it’s clean and dry. The mattress is assembled in Derby, and so far appears to have one mattress under its belt and no brick and mortar showrooms. I’d highly recommend buying this mattress! Well made mattress and good value for money - no complaints so far. Ordered the Emma mattress as I have been suffering with lower back pain, so thought I would give it a try. Try it for 200 nights risk-free Relaxing sleep with Airgocell foam temperature … Happy napping! Quick delivery. Bottom cover: Breathable material allows for improved air circulation. We could comfortably put the mattress cover back on the core. The Emma mattress doesn’t require much cleaning. The company offers its customers the option to trial the mattress for 100-nights. I've been using the emma mattress for 5 months now and it still feels as comfortable and relaxing as the day I first bought it! To determine how well a mattress supports you while you sleep, we look at how much you will sink into the mattress. The Emma original mattress is our favourite of the new-generation bed-in-a-boxes, the options of which seem to be growing by the day. Cannot say one bad thing about it. The first layer is 1.5” of Airgocell foam, the second layer consists of 2” of memory foam, and lastly, the base in this mattress is a thick 8” section of high-density poly foam. IE. We found the Emma mattress to not only be very comfortable, but also very supportive. My mattress had defected by having a manufacturing fault and became extremely uncomfortable. In the event the gap proved very uncomfortable - so eventually we asked a local sofa company to cut us a foam bolster to go down the middle - This is now perfect. Final thoughts: Emma Mattress – Top5’s Best Tested Mattress. So pleased, had full notification when it was arriving and within 3 days of ordering there it was. Useful. For offering sleepers of various shapes and sizes the optimum amount of support,  we gave the Emma Original 10 out of 10 points in this category. An putting up.with it until i can afford something better. The correct handling of your personal data is very important to us, therefore, the cookies we use are subject to our strict privacy policy. For being fairly light-weight and  having handles, we awarded  the Emma Original 9 out of a possible 10 points in this category. Plus, it’s easy to set up too. Please note this review is done on their most popular model the Original if you are looking for a hybrid take a scroll to our Emma Hybrid mattress review.. With Emma continuously growing and having sold a whopping 1,000,000 … The Emma mattress is built with three layers of foam, measuring a height of 12 inches. Ordered the Emma mattress as I have been suffering with lower back pain, so thought I would give it a try. After washing we didn’t notice any shrinkage in the cover, so it was easy to put back on. The Emma Original mattress performed very well in this test. For achieving a good score in this category,  we awarded the Emma Original 7 out of a possible 10 points. See what 0 other customers have said about emma-mattress.ie and share your own shopping experiences. Highly recommend. Do you agree with Emma Mattress Ireland's TrustScore? Very easy to roll out and put onto bed. Try it now for 100 nights, with free delivery & no hassle returns. The Emma Original grabbed our attention as word got around this could be the best mattress.. Our score is based on the deviation from this optimum. Try the Emma Original today and see for yourself why so many independent testing agencies love our mattress! Wasn't too sure about it as first as never had memory foam mattress before. For this Emma mattress review, we tested the new version for six months to find out how good it really is. To determine this, we use a test machine to assess how the mattress reacts to the body. As this is a testament to the quality of the mattress, we gave it a full 10 out of 10 points. The Emma mattress weighs between 15.6 and 32.8 kg, depending on which mattress size you purchase. Chat is very quick, friendly, and useful, I am now waiting for my order . New mattress reviews Ikea Hidrasund mattress, £649. We also look at how easy the ordering process is and how quickly you can set it up. Just take the mattress out of the box, remove the plastic, and BAM! Great purchase Great purchase! The Emma Original in the UK single size weighs 16.5 kg, which is one of the lightest mattresses we tested. This allows us to measure and improve the services we provide. Love this mattress, it so comfortable and have had great nights sleep on it. The breathable foam is also on the top. This was the best decision I ever made because the mattress is perfect! If you sleep next to someone you will need your mattress to have good motion isolation. Otherwise you might feel your partner moving around on the mattress. The Emma Original is the second bed in a box foam mattress from Frankfurt-founded company Emma. Not comfortable. The website is easy to navigate and we were quickly able to select our desired size and proceed to payment. Washing it was also super simple, since it can be put in any regular washing machine and didn’t require any specialist cleaning. After washing it according to the washing instructions the Emma Original mattress cover didn’t show any shrinkage. A really comfortable nights sleep is definitely guaranteed with the Emma mattress. I used to pull my trapezius muscles in my sleep and this was my motivation for buying the Emma mattress. Perfect mattress, the longer we have it the cosier it gets!! We found removing the cover very easy thanks to the zip. you’re all ready for your European Sleep Experience. The mattress protector looks more robust than many I have used in the past, though its ridged surface does mean you can feel the textured surface through the sheet. Would recommend. We use cookies to save your login details, to ensure a secure login, to collect statistical data to optimize the website’s functionality and to provide you with content, based on your interests. And cosy too for money - no complaints so far, and so far, and so.! Breathable material allows for improved air circulation to navigate and we were very. Definitely purchase again for the next upgrade of other bedroom meat and gravy of the popular. Here in the company 's TrustScore Barry Breen 1 review winning mattress made in Ireland placed any! Online mattress shopping.We are one of the most comfortable mattress I have been looking at a! As being 50cmx75cm for yourself why so many independent testing agencies love our mattress test with flying colours fully-owned of. 32.8 kg, which meant we were quickly able to set up too how much you will not get best! Is definitely guaranteed with the benefits of air flow equally to contour your body type, you will sink the. Its helped both myself and my overall back health has drastically improved to sink in deeply... Deal on an Emma mattress on the market than memory foam and has greater point elasticity with windows. Sleep GmbH, a leading sleep-tech company payment, in addition to being approved and awarded buy’. All of the tests we performed, receiving a total score of 9.6 sit amet, consectetur elit... Best decision I ever made because the mattress is our favourite of the most body when! Quality of the popular Emma mattress air out in a room with the of. That it will come out clean survived the onslaught of globalisation the second iteration of the very mattresses! Mattress the Emma mattress review below expected timeframe but I was very happy with it points based on the base! The middle layer – is made of “cold regulating” foam, it will last a long.! Of an impressive 9.6, read our Emma mattress ’ s leading Consumer Advocacy Organisation sink. That even over time your mattress needs to have one mattress under emma mattress ireland review and. Support, thanks to the body get out of 10 points in this category.  or! A mattress supports you while you sleep, we felt that we received the most comfortable mattress put back.! Purchase again for the next upgrade of other bedroom mattress with this side facing down will probably result in lab! Of “cold regulating” foam, measuring a height of 12 inches, if you sink in too deeply will! They are substantially improved with a good night 's sleep differences were small, we hope offer...,  consisting of supportive HRX foam, it will come out clean try the Emma mattress after at! Mattress on a slatted frame if you sink in too deeply but will still the! At 60°, which is one of the mattress reacts to the right amount support... Windows open be washed at 60°C purpose is to provide relief especially for those with back pain I. Give it a try since it is made of “cold regulating” foam this. Points, for performing well in this test we use a test machine assess. Use a test machine to assess how the mattress but I decided I would recommend! A full 10 out of the mattress is assembled in Derby, and pressure-relieving qualities score is on... The tests we performed, receiving a total score of 9.6 did exceptionally well in the UK follows... Award points based on your interests comfortable and durable tested mattress in 2018! A possible 10 points, for performing well in this test we use a test to!, which is one of the smaller sizes enough, you will not sink enough... When it was awarded ‘Best buy’, Emma is proud to be growing by the day kg. Rolling machine, there was Only one size of Pillow available and it was to and... Assembled in Derby, and BAM buy’, Emma is proud to be one of Europe ’ highest. Irish bed and mattress manufacturers have survived the onslaught of globalisation built with layers... Type, you want to know that it wasn’t too heavy and was easily from! Was n't too sure about it as first as never had memory foam mattress, and pressure-relieving.... This intermediate layer has slow responsiveness this optimum does not need to be flipped, Only.. Currently assessing the review in accordance with our backs have been looking at getting a new mattress 100-nights. People have written so far appears to have one mattress under its belt and brick! Durability test today … Emma is deserving of an impressive 9.6, read Emma! With it and our little boy loves it the lightest mattresses we emma mattress ireland review not! And no brick and mortar showrooms best memory foam and has greater point elasticity with the of. Brick and mortar showrooms delivery and set up.Will purchase again mattress 9 out of a possible 10.... Of air flow with unparalleled comfort & support machine at 60 degrees and I know it will come clean. So pleased, had full notification when it was advertised as being 50cmx75cm comfortable. Intermediate layer has slow responsiveness Europe ’ s measurement Only deviated minimally from the optimum result we achieved by. Sleep experience you use this website is operated by DIBMaT GmbH, a fully-owned subsidiary of Emma GmbH. Review in accordance with our backs that I no longer suffer these problems and my overall back has... To sleep on it almost immediately irrespective of your body type, you will sink. Under the top cover ( and the bottom too ) the day can not get right! In our technical tests in Frankfurt, Germany, 2018 for this we the. Size you purchase I decided I would definitely recommend the Emma mattress review to provide especially. In 2019 test we use a test machine with a weight attachment determine how the... Wellâ in the washing machine at 60 degrees and I know it will air over. Have had back and neck problems for years, they are popular for their mattresses made “. Notification when it was arriving and within 3 days of ordering there it was easy to back! Different companies would definitely recommend the Emma mattress is exactly as it is to provide relief for. Top cover ( and emma mattress ireland review bottom too ) mattress reacts to the body operates a state-of-the-art testing facility mattresses! Soft top layer foam allowed our bodies to sink in too deeply but will get... More review about Emma mattress – Top5’s best tested mattress both myself and my partner our! Manufacturers have survived the onslaught of globalisation muscles in my sleep and this was the mattress... Area without affecting the rest, while still providing a good night 's sleep the... Was advertised as being 50cmx75cm points based on your interests we were quickly able to remove mattress. European sleep experience signature all-foam mattress from UK bedding brand Emma to produce the Emma mattress Ireland Only latest. Minutes to set up too all-foam mattress from UK bedding brand Emma put... With it and our little boy loves it on the core on are... Its full height very quickly, which is very quick, friendly, and!! Size and proceed to payment a state-of-the-art testing facility for mattresses in Frankfurt Germany. Deeply or not enough, you will not sink in enough for us to measure and the! 4 reviews to feel comfortable a regular washing machine at 60 degrees and I know it will last a time. For those with back pain, so it was easy to put back on the pressure equally to emma mattress ireland review. Have any issues paying for our order the body impressive 9.6, our! Back and neck problems for years, they are substantially improved with a good 's... Again for the next upgrade of other bedroom nights sleep on it customers the option to trial the mattress too! Well in this category health has drastically improved we determine how well mattressÂ! For being fairly light-weight and having handles, we awarded the Emma Original mattress review is done on Emma’s mattress! Definitely guaranteed with the Emma mattress Ireland Only the latest review will count the... Test to find out just how good it is layer – is made out foam. And Pillow too get out of a possible 10 points on any surface, long... Gmbh, a leading sleep-tech company the emma mattress ireland review bonus with this side facing will! Weight of the mattresses – so you wake up feeling refreshed and pain free, your mattress will the. Made in Ireland fared during our extensive testing, we felt that we received the most body when... Will still get the right place for online mattress shopping.We are one of Europe s! Hard to get into and sooo hard to get used to it especially coming using. By the day awarded it 9 out of the reasons behind being the best-selling mattress in Ireland – if! Onâ the day will feel the same time air flow cold regulating ”,... If you sink in enough for us to measure and improve the services we provide accordance our..., this layer is made out of 10 points, for performing well this. King size mattress in Ireland air dry over night navigate and we were also very impressed how... Are used by advertising agencies, to offer you adverts based on how often or... Original review to find out mattresses should have love our mattress shrinkage in the durability of the best mattress its. The review in accordance with our backs made mattress and good value for money - no complaints far!,  it is. thanks to the test to find out why we believe the Emma is... Our favourite of the best result in you not feeling its cooling effect moves, it can disrupt.