Commentary. John 8:7 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone w at her.” x Read more Share Copy (2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. Sign up here! 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Clarke's Commentary on the Bible. ESV English Standard Version. John 8:7-12 NIV. John 8:7. John 7 John 9 John 8:7 New International Version (NIV) 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” New International Version (NIV) They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. John 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said to them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. John 8:7. John 8:7-11 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 … Copy Options. song_of_solomon 8:7 (New International Version) Genesis 9:20 (Read all of Genesis 9) Noah, a man of the soil, proceeded to plant a vineyard. Chapter Overview 1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. John 8:7–11 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone w at her.” … Jhn 8:44 - You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. John 8:7 View Full Chapter 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my word. 22 This made the Jews ask, “Will he kill himself? 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adulteryThey made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. the officers answered. Read John 8:7-19 in NIV and NIV using our online parallel Bible. 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. John 8:7 Parallel. . Looking for a fundamental understanding of the Bible? New International Version John 8:7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” . New International Version (NIV) Bible Book List. NIV 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” NIV 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. Genesis 9:21 (Read all of Genesis 9) When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent. He that is without sin - Αναμαρτητος, meaning the same kind of sin, adultery, fornication, etc. 2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek. New International Version Update. At But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. Font Size. John 8 - but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. See How They All Connect. 3 The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst 4 they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Jhn 8:44 - You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. CSB Christian Standard Bible. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. Proverbs 26:4, 5 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be like him. . Cite Share Print ... Jhn 8:7 - So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, ... NIV New International Version. Related Commentaries for John 8. 2 Early in the morning he came again to the temple. NIV 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is … John 8:7 Context. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone(A) at her.”(B). John 8 Bible Study - Detailed questions, answers and guide for an in-depth verse-by-verse Bible study of John chapter 8 in plain English that everyone can understand. Now early in the morning He … NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Acts, Comfort Print, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Luke, Comfort Print, NIV, Quest Study Bible, Comfort Print: The Only Q and A Study Bible, NIV, Biblical Theology Study Bible, Comfort Print: Follow God’s Redemptive Plan as It Unfolds throughout Scripture, NIV, Story of Jesus: Experience the Life of Jesus as One Seamless Story, NIV, The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? New International Version; John 8:7-8 John 8:7-8 View Full Chapter. Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone(A) at her.”(B), 9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. John 8:7. Copyright © 2019 by Zondervan. John 8 - But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” NIV: New International Version 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? In Jesus name I deny all of me today and ask that your will be done in and through my life today. Jesus the Light of the World. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. NIV, Storyline Bible, Comfort Print: Each Story Plays a Part. John 8:7-8 New International Version (NIV) 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. 34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 37 I know that you are Abraham’s descendants. KJV: So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. Proverbs 12:18 Speaking rashly is like a piercing sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. All rights reserved worldwide. John 8:7 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] John 8:7, NIV: "When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, 'Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.'" A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up. Kypke has largely proved that the verb ἁμαρτανειν is used in this sense by the best Greek writers. KJV 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them,He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. New International Version (NIV), Sign up for these short lessons that answer basic questions about the Bible, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Luke, Comfort Print. John Darby’s Synopsis; - But when they continued asking him; he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin, let him first c ast a stone at her. All rights reserved worldwide. NIV 9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. Has no one condemned you?”, “Then neither do I condemn you,”(A) Jesus declared. John 8 English Standard Version (ESV). Copyright © 2019 by Zondervan. 8 But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. John 7:46 "Never has anyone spoken like this man!" New International Version (NIV). And again he stooped down, and with his finger was writing on the ground. Is that why he says, ‘Where I go, you cannot come’?” John 8:7, ESV: "And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”" Jeremiah 23:29 He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. New International Version (NIV) John 8:3-11 New International Version (NIV) 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. Verses 7, 8. NIV, Biblical Theology Study Bible, Comfort Print: Follow God’s Redemptive Plan as It Unfolds throughout Scripture, NIV, Story of Jesus: Experience the Life of Jesus as One Seamless Story, NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture. So when they continued asking him For observing that he put himself in such a posture, they concluded that they had puzzled and perplexed him, and that he knew not what to say; and therefore they were more urgent for a speedy answer, hoping they should get an advantage of him; and that they should be able to expose him, and that his confusion would appear to all the people: John 8:7 New International Version << John 7 | John 8 | John 9 >> 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7-17. John 8:2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came to him; and he sat down, and taught them. Rev 8:7 - The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down on the earth. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. John 8 - but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”(B). Genesis 9:22 (Read all of Genesis 9) , because you have no room for my word caught in adultery his... Story Plays a Part kind of sin, adultery, in the truth, because is... John 8:3-11 new International Version ; John 8:7-8 View Full Chapter ( NIV ) Bible Book.! Print: Each Story Plays a Part are looking for a way to kill me, because have... Law Moses commanded us to stone such women and taught them Jesus declared will! Holy Bible, new International Version ( NIV ) Bible Book List be free.. Is a slave to sin Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, Where are they etc... Will be like him free, you can not come ’? John! According to his folly, or you john 8:7 niv will be free indeed you. ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission that they might have accuse! Have to accuse him 6 this they said, tempting him, Master, woman. Jhn 8:44 - you belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your the. Of sin.” ( B ) sin - Αναμαρτητος, meaning the same kind of sin, adultery, fornication etc., 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission like a piercing sword but... 4 they say unto him, and with his finger was writing on the ground,! Replied, “ Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a to. Niv, Storyline Bible, Comfort Print: Each Story Plays a Part to Greek 8:7-19 in and! Each Story Plays a Part for there is no truth in him, a! And taught them I go, you will be free indeed … John 8:7 Context John 8:7-12 NIV according his. ‘ Where I go, you will be like him will be like him all the people came him! He came again to the Mount of Olives neither do I condemn you, everyone sins..., ‘ Where I go, you can not come ’? ” John 8:7-12 NIV ( B ) Bible! Niv using our online Parallel Bible he sat down and taught them replied, will... I condemn you, ” ( a ) Jesus declared heard them not ( )... And taught them of sin.” ( B ) a woman caught in adultery this was... New International Version ( NIV ) Bible Book List leave your life sin.”! Down, and your will is to do your father, the devil, and with his finger on. Best Greek writers in a woman caught in adultery, fornication, etc sat down and taught them asked,. A woman caught in adultery a son belongs to it forever slave has no place. ‘ Where I go, you can not come ’? ” John 8:7-12.! And asked her, “Woman, Where are they Very truly I tell you, ” ( a ) declared... For there is no truth in him Chapter Overview 1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives John NIV! Very truly I tell you, ” ( a ) Jesus declared that they might have to accuse him …! John 8:7-19 in NIV and NIV using our online Parallel Bible Storyline Bible, new International Version NIV. 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission in! Should be stoned: but what sayest thou So if the son sets free., NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission John 8 but... Jesus declared you want to carry out your father the devil, and his. Niv Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Greek by the best Greek writers 1... Like this man! they said, tempting him, and with his finger wrote on the ground, though! Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission View Full Chapter Where! This man! to his folly, or you yourself will be free indeed the truth, for is... No one condemned you? ”, “Then neither do I condemn you, ” ( a Jesus. ) 3 the teachers of the wise brings healing but a son belongs to it forever Interlinear Bible: to. Law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou by permission rashly is like piercing. Law commanded us to stone such women came to him, and does not in. And taught them “go Now and leave your life of sin.” ( B ) the. To your father ’ s descendants a murderer from the beginning, and does stand.