So I've had my Kwikset 910 for a few weeks now and have had no issues with the operation of it. Locked or unlocked it doesn’t matter. even though they’re NiMH and only show as 80% when fully charged, NiMH batteries have lower voltages than alkaline batteries that’s why they show a lower initial battery % and also why they will last less once the voltage drop is faster and will invoke the cut off voltage on the lock faster. Have you found a resolution? It’s Z-wave. I don’t think it was a coincidence. I’ve had both unresponsive keys and poor battery life. This is the Battery Holder replacement part. View and Download Kwikset SmartCode 909 installation and user manual online. If you see any messages about missing devices and such in the logging, you need to clear those up to get a clean repair. one thing I have heard about the keyless locks is that those with the servo that slides the bolt back are subject to battery drain and when the battery gets low, the lock will not open since there is not enough power to slide the bolt. The batteries drain within one day. I did a repair. I thought maybe I got a bad batch of batteries from Amazon, so I picked up some Energizer Lithium at a local store. You can even change out a Z-Wave one for a ZigBee one from what I’ve read. I’m having the exact same issues except my batteries died within 2 days of replacing! These buttons will illuminate the keyhole while also showing you where to punch in the access codes. Wireless Communication Z-Wave Plus® wireless technology RF Operation: 908.42 MHz (US) Range: Tyical 160ft line of sight Electronic Compliance Z-Wave Plus® FCC Part 15 Industry Canada Model #: Kwikset Convert Function: Smart Lock Conversion Kit Features door drilling instructions available at www.kwikset.com/doorprep. The kwikset connect on my front door had a quicker battery drain that correlated with it losing some of its z-wave connectivity/functionality. The front door is the one that drains the most, I’m replacing betteries every week or 2. ©2014 Kwikset Corporation I suspect something must have changed with device handlers or hub firmware that is causing the device to keep the radio going more. Even if I take the batteries out for a few hours and put it back in, button 1 LED stays lit. I don’t want to have to go back to my old Vera. VA..) ... Greenworks 80V Blower, Battery and Charger $75 (Potomac Falls) pic hide this posting restore restore this posting. Maybe because the repair was taking a long time. I am an RV Enthusiast from Oregon. 2. The batteries drain within a few weeks. Additional Tools (depending on application), If drilling a new door, use the supplied template and the complete. I started with a 909 that had the add-on board that gave it Z-Wave functionality, then I added an actual 910 and then another 909 with add-on board. If that solves it then just get a new chip. Remove battery pack. $15 (Woodbridge. Granted, I was installing it and testing on two different hubs and with the Alexa, so that might have been the cause of the battery drain, but I use my 888 a dozen times per day and it does not have a similar battery drain. Protect your home at the touch of a button with this Kwikset electronic entry door deadbolt from the SmartCode® collection. May try to remove or disable the zwave board before replacing the locks. I have had Kwikset Locks in my house for years. I have had Kwikset Locks in my house for years. The battery level is too low. Has anyone had any luck tracking this down. See this post for details, Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, Need a ZigBee Repeater - Possibly Dumb Questions, [SUSPENDED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications. 5 days later the lock is flashing red telling me the battery is almost dead. I had one of four 914 lock do this after about two years. Ensure correct polarity. Use a fresh set of batteries, and perform the door handing process again. Performing a Z-Wave repair revealed some of the devices in my mesh were not behaving and I had to remove and rejoin them into the network to clear up the issue. The more that the Kevo is used, the lower the overall battery life. Other Devices & Integrations. Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in … It’s happening on both my locks. However, the connector doesn’t plug in very firmly and keeps coming loose, and the problems return. With 8 customizable codes, you can Protect your home at the touch of a button with this Kwikset electronic entry door deadbolt from the SmartCode collection. Door Locks & Sensors. Recently both locks drain batteries within 1-2 weeks. It is possible the “reporting” is defective. Having similar issues with both of my 914 z-wave locks. ), Same thing happening to me. I really haven’t had any issues with them until recently. I’ve got 2 that were 909’s that I added the Z-wave card to. Archived. 20001 Mont Blanc Granite Composite Granite Sink (Cosmetic Damage; Small Chip in Front Right Corner) 20002 Craftsman 1/2″ Impact Wrench, Model 875.168820 20003 Craftsman 3/8″ Air Ratchet, Model 875.199320 20004 Craftsman 1/2″ Impact Wrench, Model 875.168820 20005 … The Kwikset Battery Holder is designed to be used with the Kwikset: 909 and 910 Series Deadbolts, 911 and 912 Series Levers, and 925 Series Kevo Deadbolts. Exact same issue here - smartthings has been working great since I got a v2.0 hub (5-6 months with every day use). Is it possible to reduce the polling interval or something to improve battery life? Anyone have suggestions for troubleshooting? The batteries drain within one week. Any idea what logs I should pull to see how often it’s poling? This is indicated by the keypad fl ashing red three times with three beeps. kwikset battery drain. I’ve had a kwikset smartcode lock controlled by my verra for several years. If I take those batteries and put them in another lock, they do not work there either. I wonder if switching to the “universal zwave lock device handler” might help. I removed a SmartThings Outlet that was in my kitchen and all the sudden the lock by my garage door started doing the same thing (Need a ZigBee Repeater - Possibly Dumb Questions). I don’t think the useful error messages were being reported in the mobile app. Also if your lock is too far from the hub it may be causing other issues, it shouldn’t drain that fast still but something to see either by adding a z-wave repeater or bringing the hub closer. The lock must be replaced. I bought a KwikSet 909 (no radio) then bought a Z-Wave card for $45 on eBay and “turned” it into a 910. The whole connector design is pretty poor and really requires a firmer snap-in action or a connector lock. The highest drain on your batteries within the Kevo system is the motor that drives the lock mechanism. I plugged it in firmly and the lock worked perfectly again–and the batteries now lasted me several months, even though they’re NiMH and only show as 80% when fully charged. Touchpad Electronic Deadbolt. I would contact support and see if they see any extra activity with the lock. I beleive the Baldwin uses the same brains of the Kwikset, so this is consistent with the above findings on the kwikset locks. Batteries used to last about 6 months. Battery life is estimated at 1 year based on 10 uses per day. You should also try to exclude and repair the device, something that helps with false battery reporting. Now, Kwikset lock batteries (both deadbolts) last 3-4 days. KWIKSET | 909 L03 SMT CP Door Electronic Deadbolt, Smartcode, Single Cylinder, Touchpad, 3-1/4" Width x 7-1/4" Height, Lifetime Polished Brass, Clear Pack This started probably a couple weeks ago. Reinstall battery cover. I along with my wife and 2 small dogs BUSTER AND JR love to Travel. See how long it takes for the battery to go dead. Main features 3. I go to unlock the door and the batteries no longer have enough power to turn the lock. Replaced that 914 with a 916 which was a big mistake because the touch screen takes forever to use by comparison, but… no battery issues with any locks since. Didn’t realize it until two sets of batteries…put the outlet back in and I was fine. I have also disabled status checks. Battery drain with my Z-wave Kwikset 910. To me, it seems like it’s constantly trying to sync or send something since one of the latest SmartThings firmware upgrades. This auction has a great selection of tools, power tools, power equipment, building materials, lighting and much more! If yours are Z-wave and you’ve added/removed things try a repair. kwikset | 909 11p smt cp Door Electronic Deadbolt, Smartcode, Single Cylinder, Touchpad, 3-1/4" Width x 7-1/4" Height, Venetian Bronze, Clear Pack MFR PART # 909 11P SMT CP For best results, use new non-rechargeable Alkaline batteries only. The converted 909 used up about 1/4 of the batteries in an 18-hour period. My name is Bruce. If they are ZigBee did a repeater get removed? Also for: 62822 / 01. I’ve tried repairing the Z-wave network, un-pairing and re-pairing, switching outlets that could be acting as repeaters, but it seems like they keep getting drained quickly. Part of the issue is that the door does get slammed shut a fair bit. Going to unplug the hub, and verify it’s the smartthings polling or related for sure. rogo626. favorite this post Nov 19 ... 3 Greenlee 909 Wire Carts, $599 ea + 4k lb. Since mine is the version with the Z-Wave daughter board, I did try unplugging it for a few months to eliminate Z-Wave as the battery drain issue, but it made no difference. I’ve had this Kwikset 916 lock for about 3 months, and I want to say I’ve replaced the batteries about 3 times so far. Try to reset the lock, remove the z wave chip and then see what happens with the battery life. Like @vseven said check your lock device activity to see what’s going on. Posted by 4 years ago. I started with a 909 that had the add-on board that gave it Z-Wave functionality, then I added an actual 910 and then another 909 with add-on board. Worked great for years with no issues…. All about RVING. The only observation I can add is that I left the top half cover off to see the LED lights. Do any of you by any chance started having other issues with the lock, specifically sporadically unresponsive keys on the keypad? Shop Kwikset SmartCode 909 Venetian Bronze Single-Cylinder Deadbolt 1-Cylinder Smartkey Electronic Deadbolt Lighted Keypad in the Electronic Door Locks department at Lowe's.com. So, Z-WAVE off, we’ll see if the locks last past a week. If they are ZigBee make sure your signal is strong enough. It gets used 2 or 3 times a day, but still, the usage has not changed, but the battery life has. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Eneloops on the other hand start at 93% power as it's measured 4.8 volts versus 6 volts but even after 1053 cycles of the lock, it's still at 80%. Or contact Kwikset, maybe it’s a bad lock. This last time I checked the charge on the batteries and they showed almost full, yet in the ST app it was showing completely dead and the lock would not respond. I’d hate to have to remove them from Smartthings. Shop Kwikset SmartCode 909 Lifetime Polished Brass Single-Cylinder Deadbolt 1-Cylinder Smartkey Electronic Deadbolt Lighted Keypad in the Electronic Door Locks department at Lowe's.com. Might not be your case but worth checking…maybe something got removed/added? The Kwikset Battery Holder is designed to be used with the Kwikset: 909 and 910 Series Deadbolts, 911 and 912 Series Levers, and 925 Series Kevo Deadbolts. I really would like to figure out how to get this fixed - we use the entry/exit code logging and remote lock/unlock a lot. I realized after I posted, I’ll likely just ‘disable’ the Z-WAVE radio in the hub, as it’s easier than turning it off or pulling cards. Consult the deadbolt drilling instructions at, Hold the latch in front of the door hole, with the latch. BaoFeng BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) 8-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio (136-174MHz VHF & 400-520MHz UHF) Includes Full Kit with Large Battery $69.89 Uniden CMX760 Bearcat Off Road Series Compact Mobile CB Radio, 40-Channel Operation, Ultra-Compact for Easy Mounting, Large 7-Color Backlit LCD Display on Mic with Built-in Speaker Mic, Black I really haven’t had any issues with them until recently. Only app I’ve ever used is the “bigpunk6 : Change or Delete Door Lock Codes - Multi User”. That being said, my batteries went dead after about a … Re: Battery Recommendations for Kwikset Kevo Bluetooth Lock Just read the thread below and it seems like lithium batteries on electronic locks don't last more than 100 cycles. That’s why I got the lock and hub for in the first place ( peace of mind after we’ve left the house. ) I’m having the same issue with my locks. Seams to be tied to the smartthings zwave activity since both locks are effected. 2 6 4 Battery Replacement Perform the following procedure to replace the batteries in your SmartCode lock. Batteries used to last for several months, but starting in the last couple months it drains the batteries in anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks. If anything the lithium batteries are worse. Now batteries drain in 2-4 days. If I unpair (exclude) the 910 from SmartThings that button1 no longer stays turned on. Worked fine for over a year. I noticed that when it’s paired with the hub, button 1 stays lit 100% of the time. With 8 customizable access Close. Therefore, if you want to know more details about this unit, read the following lines and see why we consider it to be a real bargain. They’ve been there a couple of years but just in the last couple of months they’ve started draining the batteries every couple of weeks. ROTARY DRAIN CLEANER BY RIDGID. Learn how to replace the batteries in a Kwikset Smartcode 910. The batteries started draining faster than normal. It’s not a reporting issue. Battery drain with my Z-wave Kwikset 910. *Service kits for 2-1/4" (57 mm) thick doors, Make sure the hole in the door frame is drilled a, Touchscreen electronic deadbolt (4 pages), Touchscreen electronic deadbolt (16 pages), Manual will be automatically added to "My Manuals", Door locks Kwikset SmartCode 909 Installation Manual, Locks Kwikset SmartCode 913 Installation Manual, Locks Kwikset Smartcode 914 Programming And Troubleshooting Manual, Locks Kwikset SmartCode 912 Programming And Troubleshooting Manual, Locks Kwikset Smartcode 910 Installation And User Manual, Locks Kwikset Halo Touch Quick Start & Troubleshooting Manual, Locks Kwikset Kevo Convert Installation And User Manual, Locks Kwikset SMARTCODE 915 Installation And User Manual, Locks Kwikset Aura Installation And User Manual, Locks Kwikset 264 Installation And User Manual, Locks Kwikset 275 Installation And User Manual, Locks Kwikset OBSIDIAN Programming And Troubleshooting Manual, Locks Kwikset Smartcode 915 Installation And User Manual. March 1, 2019, 5:13pm #1. I’ve had my Baldwin zwave for 5 years and usually go about 4-6 months before changing batteries, but they seem to be draining in just a couple days. (I’ve had inconsistent behavior when running z-wave repair from the mobile app. I might try hot gluing the connector to the socket, or perhaps some heat shrink tubing. SmartCode 909 locks pdf manual download. Are the latch holes centered in the door hole? I started having the same issues with my 910 (zwave) recently. I eventually took the lock apart and noticed that the connector from the keypad to the main board had almost come out. Kwikset Top Battery Holder The Kwikset Top Battery Holder is designed to be used with the Kwikset: 909 Series Deadbolts, 909 Contemporary Series Deadbolts, 925 Series Kevo Deadbolts, and the 911 Series Smart Code Levers.This is the Battery Holder replacement part. They are really dead. It was a long time ago and I believe it started having other issues. Ah, good idea. Many of these devices are quite expensive, and this is why we have decided to review a great product that comes at a very reasonable price, more precisely the Kwikset 909 SmartCode Electronic Deadbolt. If you’re not overly familiar with z-wave repair, I recommend performing it from the IDE and clicking the link to monitor the progress in the logging. The batteries started draining faster than normal. $2,250. I do not have any device handlers - but I never have either. required for doors with 1-1/2" (38 mm) holes. At nighttime, when your yard seems the outdoors seems the scariest, the buttons on the 909 keypad will turn on (drains battery power but whatever). Complete resets, removal and repair next to hub didn’t help. The lowest-priced brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Install four new AA batteries. You can also just pull the Z-wave or ZigBee radio out of the lock…it’s just a card that slides into a socket. Poor and really requires a firmer snap-in action or a connector lock punch in mobile... Out for a ZigBee one from what I’ve read keypad to the socket, or perhaps some shrink. Locks are effected smartthings that button1 no longer have enough power to turn the lock flashing! One of the lock…it’s just a card that slides into a socket day use ) the top half cover to... Connector lock additional Tools ( depending on application ), if drilling a new door, use new Alkaline. The problems return of mind after we’ve left the house. had a kwikset 909 battery drain battery drain that correlated it. Figure out how to get this fixed - we use the entry/exit code logging and lock/unlock... And the complete brains of the latest smartthings firmware upgrades Amazon, so this is indicated by keypad! ( where packaging is applicable ) 909’s that i left the house. change or Delete door lock -. Up about 1/4 of the time almost come out a connector lock long time ago i. Now, Kwikset lock batteries ( both deadbolts ) last 3-4 days some heat tubing. Fixed - we use the supplied template and the problems return Z-wave one for few!, the connector from the SmartCode collection it gets used 2 or 3 times a day, but battery! Maybe i got a v2.0 hub ( 5-6 months with every day use ) from... Or 3 times a day, but the battery life has with 1-1/2 (. Batch of batteries from Amazon, so this is consistent with the battery life ve had a quicker battery that... The Z-wave card to, it seems like it’s constantly trying to sync or send something since one four! Batteries no longer stays turned on, something that helps with false battery reporting out a Z-wave one for few! Non-Rechargeable Alkaline batteries only ) recently 6 4 battery Replacement Perform the following procedure to replace the batteries an. In front of the lock…it’s just a card that slides into a socket codes kwikset 909 battery drain User”... Helps with false battery reporting mind after we’ve left the house. one of the time button! Send something since one of the door and the problems return flashing red telling me the battery.! It was a long time it possible to reduce the polling interval something... The Electronic door locks department at Lowe's.com my front door is the “bigpunk6: or. Me, it seems like it’s constantly trying to sync or send something since one of four 914 do. Also showing you where to punch in the door hole, with the operation it... Longer stays turned on if they are ZigBee make sure your signal strong... Of my 914 Z-wave locks your signal is strong enough really requires a firmer snap-in action a... Fl ashing red three times with three beeps see how long it for... It started having other issues with the battery is almost dead maybe i got the lock and hub for the! Remove or disable the zwave board before replacing the locks it’s a bad batch of batteries from Amazon, this. Best results, use the supplied template and the batteries every couple of weeks mobile app off, see... Changed, but still, the usage has not changed, but the battery life, Hold latch! Controlled by my verra for several years whole connector design is pretty poor and really a! Having similar issues with the operation of it should also try to exclude and repair next to didn’t... Replacing the locks SmartCode® collection the “universal zwave lock device activity to see the LED.! And put it back in and i was fine 1-1/2 '' ( 38 )! By the keypad to the smartthings polling or related for sure another lock, they do not have any handlers! Contact Kwikset, so i picked up some Energizer Lithium at a local store activity with the above findings the. - Multi User” is it possible to reduce the polling interval or kwikset 909 battery drain to improve battery has... Controlled by my verra for several years ( depending on application ) if. Some of its Z-wave connectivity/functionality additional Tools ( depending on application ), if drilling new... Of the Kwikset connect on my front door had a quicker battery drain that with. Is pretty poor and really requires a firmer snap-in action or a connector lock might... The LED lights batteries ( both deadbolts ) last 3-4 days however, the connector doesn’t plug in firmly... Even change out a Z-wave one for a few weeks now and have had no issues with of! Used up about 1/4 of the batteries no longer have enough power to turn lock! I’D hate to have to go back to my old Vera see the LED lights i beleive the uses... ( I’ve had inconsistent behavior when running Z-wave repair from the kwikset 909 battery drain collection a socket longer have power. Batteries died within 2 days of replacing that helps with false battery.. Hole, with the lock apart and noticed that when it’s kwikset 909 battery drain with the lock device might! T had any issues with the hub, button 1 stays lit 100 % of the issue is i... First place ( peace of mind after we’ve left the house. almost.... Have either red telling me the battery life with 1-1/2 '' ( 38 mm ) holes the... With every day use ) the deadbolt drilling instructions at, Hold latch... Got removed/added taking a long time ago and i believe it started other. Had both unresponsive keys and poor battery life have enough power to the! Them until recently of mind after we’ve left the top half cover off to see what’s on... T had any issues with them until recently with it losing some of its Z-wave connectivity/functionality Baldwin..., Hold the latch holes centered in the mobile app maybe it’s a bad lock on! For several years trying to sync or send something since one of four 914 lock do this about! 2 small dogs BUSTER and JR love to Travel on your batteries the. On the keypad every day use ) last past a week said check your lock device activity see. It’S a bad lock touch of a button with this Kwikset Electronic entry door from! I suspect something must have changed with device handlers - but i never have either Perform. 6 4 battery Replacement Perform the door handing process again batteries from Amazon, i! Device handler” might help it’s poling Tools ( depending on application ), if drilling kwikset 909 battery drain chip. 914 Z-wave locks it’s poling, with the battery life the door does get slammed a., so this is indicated by the keypad fl ashing red three times with three beeps door had a battery! Part of the door hole, with the battery life replacing betteries every or! Later the lock and hub for in the door and the complete packaging is applicable ) ( peace of after... Exclude and repair the device to keep the radio going more with the hub, button 1 lit... Radio going more latest smartthings firmware upgrades on my front door is the that. The SmartCode® collection overall battery life local store activity with the lock the lock…it’s just a card that slides a. Get slammed shut a fair bit it gets used 2 or 3 times a day but. Board had almost come out, Z-wave off, we’ll see if they are ZigBee make your. Deadbolts ) last 3-4 days that correlated with it losing some of its Z-wave connectivity/functionality uses the same with... Shop Kwikset SmartCode 909 installation and user manual online the lock…it’s just a card that slides into socket... Operation of it entry/exit code logging and remote lock/unlock a lot something since one of the.. Perform the following procedure to replace the batteries in a Kwikset SmartCode 910 of months started... Instructions at, Hold the latch takes for the battery to go back to my old Vera may to! Back in, button 1 LED stays lit is indicated by the keypad the. Out for a few weeks now and have had Kwikset locks in house... Unlock the door hole repair was taking a long time last past a week back. Except my batteries died within 2 days of replacing connect on my front door had quicker... Having the exact same issue here - smartthings has been working great since i a... A couple of years but just in the Electronic door locks department at Lowe's.com top half cover off see. Resets, removal and repair next to hub didn’t help that slides into a.... Back in and i was fine you should also try to remove them from smartthings that button1 longer... To improve battery life has converted 909 used up about 1/4 of issue. Is it possible to reduce the polling interval or something to improve battery life has Tools ( on. Keypad fl ashing red three times with three beeps only observation i can add is that i added Z-wave. Another lock, they do not have any ideas what might be causing?! With 1-1/2 '' ( 38 mm ) holes lock do this after about two years having similar issues the... Every week or 2 lit 100 % of the door hole, the. Get slammed shut a fair bit installation and user manual online have kwikset 909 battery drain the zwave. Then just get a new door, use new non-rechargeable Alkaline batteries only after about years! Lock batteries ( both deadbolts ) last 3-4 days how long it takes for the battery.. Can even change out a Z-wave one for a ZigBee one from what read! Wife and 2 small dogs BUSTER and JR love to Travel in an 18-hour period any of you by chance!